10455 Northfield Road
Northfield, OH 44067
Olde Northfield Township, established in 1807, was the original name of the area that now encompasses the communities of Macedonia, Northfield Village, Northfield Center Township, and Sagamore Hills. It started as 27 square miles in the northeast corner of Portage County, before Summit County was established. Isaac Bacon of Massachusetts, the first settler, came by covered wagon and arrived with his family in 1807 at their new homestead on the north side of Valley View Road west of Boyden Road.
Olde Northfield Township was later separated into four communities. The Village of Macedonia was settled in 1905 and became a township in 1912. Also in 1912, Olde Northfield evolved from a township to a village, followed by the separation and creation of Sagamore Hills Township in 1932, and finally in 1935, the separation of Northfield Center Township from the Village.